This page is all about my writing away from bloggeronpole.com. It will showcase my books (fiction and non-fiction), book chapters, articles and academic papers related to what I do here on bloggeronpole.com.
Although I’ve been writing fiction since I can remember, I only started taking it seriously in 2018, when I self-published my first novel, Bad/Tender. I’ve recently finished another one and I’m halfway through writing a new book, hoping to find a literary agent to publish the old way (wink wink).
However, as my academic career started taking off, I’ve begun writing book chapters, drafting articles for academic journals and for more ‘pop’ academia book and journal collections.
Here I will showcase them when relevant, creating a one-stop shop for everything I’ve ever written and sharing press releases for new work.
Book Chapters / Collections
- Book chapter ‘When two fan subcultures meet: The interpenetration of RuPaul’s Drag Race and Twin Peaks in “Fire Werk with Me.”‘ – in ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race and Philosophy: Sissy That Thought (Popular Culture and Philosophy)‘
- Disconnected, University of Sydney’s 2017 anthology
- How Instagram’s algorithm is censoring women and vulnerable users but helping online abusers – Published in Feminist Media Studies and available for open access free readership through my university’s website
- A corpo-civic space: A notion To address social media’s corporate/civic hybridity – First Monday (open access)
- Patterns of media coverage repeated in online abuse on high-profile criminal cases – Journalism (open access version here)
- Indicators of Online Hate Speech and Why it Should be Regulated, RIPE78
- Book review: John Mair, Tor Clark, Neil Fowler, Raymond Snoddy and Richard Tait (eds) Anti-social media? The impact on journalism and society – in Journalism
- How do social media facilitate the spreading of conspiracy theories and fake news? – in Innovative educational and media practices for an inclusive and participatory Europe – ACADEMIC PAPERS
For more info, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.