This page is all about my writing away from bloggeronpole.com, from my books (fiction and non-fiction) and book chapters to my articles and academic papers.
Books and book chapters
- Book chapter ‘When two fan subcultures meet: The interpenetration of RuPaul’s Drag Race and Twin Peaks in “Fire Werk with Me.”‘ – in ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race and Philosophy: Sissy That Thought (Popular Culture and Philosophy)‘
- Disconnected, University of Sydney’s 2017 anthology.
- The Shadowban Cycle: an autoethnography of pole dancing, nudity and censorship on Instagram. Published in Feminist Media Studies.
- A “Chosen” Hope with a “Gingerbread” Outcome: Democratization of (Media) Power in Buffy The Vampire Slayer as a Metaphor of Online Abuse on High-Profile Criminal Cases. Published in Slayage – The Journal of Whedon Studies.
- How Instagram’s algorithm is censoring women and vulnerable users but helping online abusers – Published in Feminist Media Studies and available for open access free readership through my university’s website.
- A corpo-civic space: A notion To address social media’s corporate/civic hybridity – First Monday (open access).
- Patterns of media coverage repeated in online abuse on high-profile criminal cases – Journalism (open access version here).
- Indicators of Online Hate Speech and Why it Should be Regulated, RIPE78.
- Book review: John Mair, Tor Clark, Neil Fowler, Raymond Snoddy and Richard Tait (eds) Anti-social media? The impact on journalism and society – in Journalism.
- How do social media facilitate the spreading of conspiracy theories and fake news? – in Innovative educational and media practices for an inclusive and participatory Europe – ACADEMIC PAPERS.
For more info, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.